Are you looking to buy an electric bike? You’re in the right place – Green Electric Scooters doesn’t just sell e scooters – we’re also a one stop shop for buying electric bikes. We believe that the electric bike could be the game changing form of transport we require as we move into a new greener age. We’re also now part of the bike to work scheme.
We provide a great range of electric bikes – from mountain bikes to urban bikes to foldable electric bikes, – for people to choose from with free delivery of our electric bikes through Ireland.
Buy Irish and support independent businesses.
Our Range of Electric Bikes in Ireland for Adults
Free Delivery Nationwide – Cycle To Work Scheme Available
FAQs About Electric Bikes
Here, we attempted to answer some of the more commonly asked questions regarding the electric bike and our service in Ireland.
Tips To Increase E-Bike’s Range
1. As evident as it may seem, test and ensure the electric bikes battery is fully charged before you leave home because it is relatively easy to forget to charge , especially after a long day at work. Make it part of your routine to charge and test the battery immediately you get home, so it can last longer from one charge. This ensures your bikes electric battery is kept in good stead and in turn the battery powered motor.
2. Remember, you can always pedal hard to increase your electric bikes range. Pedaling is another tip many people are likely to forget. Picture this, you have had a change of plans in town, or you need to run extra errands, but you are unsure if the remaining life will sustain you. What do you do? That’s right. Pedal hard!
You do not always have to let the battery powered electric bikes drain completely every day of the week. I recommend that you reduce the assist setting or use less throttle and pedal more instead of actively discharging the battery to the end. I have pedaled several times without completely draining the battery.
Mastering the timing of pedaling is another big tip. The e-bike consumes plenty of battery power when you set off and accelerate from a standstill position. On the other hand, you will conserve plenty of power energy if you can take off pedaling hard. You can also increase the bike’s range by pedaling a little harder and putting more weight when going up the hill – hills consume plenty of energy from your bikes electric battery and the corresponding battery powered motor.
3. Ride slow to beat wind drag. Opposing wind forces significantly drain your e-bike’s battery power. The trick is to ride the bike a little slower to reduce wind drag and extend the bike’s range. Also, windy days may be the right time to enjoy a quiet ride because it is relatively safe.
4. How about if I buy a second charger? You will need more range if you are to cover a long distance from home going to work and possibly run other errands after work. It would be a perfect idea to have another charger at your workplace where you can charge your e-bike battery. The good thing is that the cost of energy to charge an e-bike is almost insignificant, so you do not have to worry about energy bills.
5. How about a second battery? You can always buy a second battery as a useful e-bike accessory to increase your range. We would agree that a second battery is a worthy type of investment when you have to cover a relatively long distance/ride or have extra errands to run beyond what the first battery can sustain.
A second one is a popular incentive with some manufacturers, where they offer you the option to buy a second battery to add more range. You can confirm with your bikes manufacturer or test with your local shop for more details of their service.
6. Maintain the tire pressure. Tire pressure is a secret tip that can make a big difference in how much electric or pedaling energy is required to move around on your e-bike or giant bikes . Low tire pressure makes an e-bike move slowly. At the same time, inflated tire pressure will cause a very rough ride when adding suspension. It works perfectly when going uphill.
The recommended tire pressure for standard city-style e-bikes or giant bikes is between 50 and 60 psi. I recommend you use the following floor pump.
7. It may be time to replace the old battery and buy a new one. After a particular duration, the range for a given battery will surely decrease by normal obsolescence. I recommend replacing the old battery if you have experienced such a reduction in your bikes range of service. Contact your bike’s manufacturer for guidance or visit your local electric bike shop for assistance.
Use the regenerative braking feature. There is a form of bike system with the regenerative braking feature, e.g., Bionx, that converts the motor into a generator that serves as a brake and recharges the battery a little. Note: There is a debate as to how much energy is recouped via regenerative braking to your bikes electric battery .
Usually, the regenerative braking feature on electric bikes is activated through a sensor located on one of the brake’s levers (often the level of the rear brake).
Practice proper maintenance. If possible, it is best to place the battery at room temperature; cold or hot temperatures may damage the item. This means the battery powered motor offers the most efficiency.
It is also a great idea to keep the battery charged even when you are not planning to use your e-bike during the winter seasons. The best practice is to store the battery set even if you have to recharge the battery after every two months. Do not leave the battery plugged into power for more than24 hours.
Put lubricating oil on the chain. Lubricating the chain improves pedaling efficiency and enhances any motor’s efficiency that powers through the cranks of the bike, such as Panasonic or Bosch.
After oiling the chain, allow it to sit for a short while (few minutes), and then you can use a rag to wipe off any surplus oil.